Ultimate Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich Contest Winner
The last time I ran a contest, I only had two submissions. They were great submissions but only two, leading me to be somewhat disappointed. When Sargento contacted me regarding a new contest, I was somewhat worried that, again, I would only receive a couple recipes, leading to more disappointment.
Boy was I wrong. 8 submissions later, and we had ourselves a real, true, Ultimate Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich Contest. I was supposed to notify the winner by May 2, but not only because of life, but because of the awesome amount of submissions, I needed more time to choose. Come late Saturday, May 7, 2011, I let the winner know and thanked everyone else for their entries. Everyone should be very happy with their recipes. They ALL were fantastic and I wish I could have given everyone some sort of prize, but unfortunately, Sargento has only provided enough prizes for one winner.
So, without further ado, lets all congrats Donna Ryan for her wonderful Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese with Creamy Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce Grilled Cheese. The Creamy Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce just hit me in the right way, making my mouth water. I am hoping to make said grilled cheese sometime in the near future (and will of course blog about it).
Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese with Creamy Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce
- 4 thick slices Boule bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices Sargento® Natural Blends™ Deli Style Sliced Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 thin slices Red Onion
- 4 slices Tomato
- 2 /3 cup Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese
- Lay 2 slices of Boule bread on cutting board. Lightly butter using a butter knife or small spatula..
- Place 2 slices of the Colby –Pepper Jack on the bread slices.
- Add the onion and the tomato and top each with 1/3 cup the shredded Mexican cheese. Push down with spatula to get the cheese to cling together.
- Lightly butter the top slices of bread and top the sandwich. Butter the outside of the sandwich .To grill either heat a heavy cast iron skillet on medium low and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add sandwich and cook 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and melty. Or you can use a Panini grill or stove top grille, preheat and cook until golden and melty.
- To serve slice grilled cheese in half on the diagonal and place on a plate with a small bowl of the creamy avocado lime dipping sauce.
This is the ultimate – !
Creamy Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 slices ripe avocado
- 1 /2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 /2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend all the ingredients except the olive oil until smooth. While machine is running, slowly drizzle in the oil until incorporated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Yield: 3/4 cup . Set aside.
If you did not enter, please, after taking a look over the winning recipe, please read all of the submissions. They are all worthy of your attention. And again, congrats to Donna Ryan.
P.S. I hope to have many more contests in the future so please, keep your eyes peeled to the blog.